BASIC PLA is a 3D printing filament (NatureWorks – plant origin and biodegradable) of 3R3D that is the most used filament in FDM printing. It is an economical filament with easy printability.
Our BASIC PLA comes from organic material (corn), which offers biodegradation capacity under appropriate conditions. Therefore it´s an ecological material.
The printing bed should be at 50 ° C (recommended) although it is possible to print with the base completely cold. In this aspect lies the difference with the ABS, in the speed of 3D printing, being faster in the case of the PLA since the temperature is not such a critical factor.
These are some of the advantages of the 3D PLA BASIC filament:
- Extrusion temperature: ~ 200 ° C
- You do not need a warm bed, although a temp is recommended. 50ºC.
- Very stable.
- Print speed faster than other materials.
- It benefits greatly from layer cooling during printing
- Good adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
- Little resistant to high temperatures
- Pieces can be joined using specific adhesives
- Noxious fumes and pleasant smell