Filamentos de diferentes materiales con refuerzo de FIBRAS cortas (<100MICRAS) de CARBONO.
CF-Nylon (MyMat) ULTRA Nylon
This Carbon Fiber reinforced product’s main application field is related with high mechanical requirementapplications, superior temperature resistance applications and black coloured aesthetics. CF-Nylon covers the flexibility of Nylon with a very good impact resistance and higher modulus.
General Printing Guide
• Recommended printing speed is 30mm/s.
• For Little parts, is preferable the program of lower printing speed, for example 20 mm/s and 10mm/s for details.
• Printing temperatures:• From 250 until 280ºC. Recommended at 260ºC for 0,4mm diameter nozzles. For higher diameter nozzles decrease the temperature around 250ºC.
• Hot bed at room temperature.
• Continuous room temperatures are recommended to have a good quality print:
• For low room temperatures (less than 18-20ºC) flow parameter should be increased between 105-110%.
• For room temperatures between 23-25ºC a 100 flow parameter should be ok.
• Part design: • For high surface parts apply lower fill density and reduce thicknesses until 2-3mm. • For lower surface parts, fill density can be increased and thickness could be higher.
• Surface adhesion has been tested in mirror or glass surfaces with common lacquer, getting good results. Any other surface with improved rugosity has a perfect behavior: paper, sandpaper, blue tape… A BRIM or RAFT around the printed part basis is recommended in order to improve part adhesion. This BRIM or RAFT should be as strong as possible, and the printing bed should be balanced before printing starts.
• Any layer height has a good behavior:
• For nozzles of 0.4mm, improved mechanical properties are got with layer heights around 0,15mm.
• For nozzles of 0.8mm, improved mechanical properties are got with layer heights around 0,3mm.
• For lower layer heights strength of the part is also good, but printing times increase so much.
• For higher layer heights take into account that:• Printable angle with no support is reduced.
Material’s weight is increased, so the support would be necessary.
• In the said previous case use lower printing speed.
• You will be able to print without material drying, but improved quality is obtained with material drying. When you receive the material the quality is perfect. During the time and depending on humidity conditions of the
environment, nylon absorbs more or less water. If humidity is high, we recommend you to dry it in an oven at 80ºc during one hour maximum.
• These are industrial use materials do not use them for baby related applications.
• CF- Nylon contain abrasive additives so do not use this material for applications with direct contact with food.
• Support materials like HIPS do not have good compatibility with the material. PVA should work well.
• Material formulation could have some abrasive additives, so brass nozzle wear will be accelerated. Stainless steel or hardened copper alloys are recommended.
• In order to get parts with even improved mechanical properties of the material, there’s a possibility to introduce the part into an oven at 80ºC for 1 hour. IMPORTANT:
Depending on part’s geometry, this operation could generate some geometrical alterations in the part.
• CF-NYLON resists environments around 100ºC, avoid using it at higher temperatures.